Add Wireless To Almost Any Handheld
Enfora is close to releasing the Wireless Portfolio, which uses an infrared connection to add a wireless modem to almost any handheld. There will be both CDPD and GPRS versions. There will also be an option to add a GPS receiver. It is called a portfolio because the add-ons are contained in a zippered case, with the handheld on one side and the modem, GPS, etc. on the left. Enfora says the basic version will be available April 1 for $300.
In the near future, the Wireless Portfolio will be available with 802.11b, Bluetooth, and 1XRTT capability.
The modem can be switched out to allow the user to upgrade without having to buy a whole new portfolio.
The company has drivers for the Palm OS, as well as other handheld platforms.
"Enfora is very proud to introduce to the wireless market an extremely innovative and unique solution capable of allowing the user to take advantage of current wireless technologies, with the ability to upgrade the solution to future wireless technologies without the constraints of customized PDA solutions," said Mark Weinzierl, chief executive officer of Enfora.
Article Comments(45 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud