Comments on: Quickies: iSync, AvantGo, riteMail, L.A.

When Apple announced iSync in July, it said it would be available in September. Earlier this week, the company's CEO said only a beta would be released later this month. This app will allow Macs to synchronize address book and calendar info with Palm handhelds, cell phones, and Apple's own iPod. -Ed

AvantGo has announced that Richard Owen will resign his position as CEO effective September 30. The company's CFO will take over the position. On that same date, AvantGo will move from Nasdaq's National Market to the exchange's SmallCap market, under its current ticker symbol, "AVGO." -PR

Return to Story - Permalink

Article Comments

(44 comments)

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. PalmInfocenter is not responsible for them in any way.
Please Login or register here to add your comments.

Comments Closed Comments Closed
This article is no longer accepting new comments.

Down

iCal

I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 10:05:58 AM #
You missed the announcement of iCal. The new apple calendaring software that will be iSync compatible. This will allow 3 way sinchronization between PalmOS PDAs, Sony Ericsson Phones (t68i) and the iPod.

Sync nirvana.

Cheers.

I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 10:11:41 AM #
I don't know that iCal is all that significant from a Palm perspective. I'm sure it is a nice calendar but it isn't a Palm application. True, there will be a conduit (iSync) but there are tons of applications with conduits and those aren't news. When a new version of Lotus Notes comes out, that's not Palm news, though there is a conduit for it.
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 10:29:11 AM #
3 way sync? Yeah that will be an important feature for about 8 people.
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 11:34:25 AM #
I bet we can find more than 8 people on this forum who have a mac, a palm and an iPod.

I'm no number 1.

I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 11:36:09 AM #
I cant wait for iSync. There are lots of cool things about this app. For one thing, it should allow me to get rid of Palm desktop for the mac. Terrible app. iPod rocks.
Doo @ 9/13/2002 11:41:36 AM #
I guess I'm one of the 8 people. My Motorola V60 cell phone and 760 with outlook.

One group of names in many places.

Xian @ 9/13/2002 12:16:12 PM #
I'm another one of those eight.
Ericsson T39 and T68m, Palm m505, iPod 5GB, and PalmDesktop

I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 12:21:43 PM #
4 people in our office (of 10) have a palm, osx and ipod
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 12:37:37 PM #
wow cool, all 8 people are here !!!
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 1:25:11 PM #
I guess i'm # 9
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 2:25:32 PM #
#10(Me) & #11(Wife)
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 4:18:45 PM #
I sync my Palm to my PC, then my T68 to my Palm. Does that count as three-way?
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 4:41:11 PM #
How do you sync your Palm with your T68? Is there an app already available for download that allows you to do that?

Changing the subject a little bit. I like using Entourage X as my desktop PIM, for me its better than iCal and the new built in Mac address book, does anyone know whether iSync will allow me to sync my Entourage data with my Ericsson T68 mobile phone as well as with my Palm?

I.M. Anonymous @ 9/13/2002 5:56:45 PM #
I have a copy of iSync, they haven't worked out the bugs yet, but apparently you still need to have palm desktop for it to work (apparently means I haven't gotten it to work) LOL
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/14/2002 1:44:46 AM #
15 through 25 here (I have dissociative identity disorder). :)
I.M. Anonymous @ 9/15/2002 2:25:00 PM #
#16 and #17 here; two Macs, two T68s, but just one iPod between me and my wife.

It's a good thing that iSync will use Palm Desktop to sync. Otherwise people (like us) with older Sony Clies wouldn't be able to rely on the MissingSync software, which adds a transport plug-in to make Palm Desktop work with our PDA.

On the other hand, I think some Handspring users are still waiting for OS X Palm Desktop connectivity.