Comments on: Apple Nearly Bought Palm in 1997
Jean-Louis Gassée, founder of Be Inc. and former PalmSource Chairman and Apple Exec, posted an interesting little factoid to the Monday Note blog blog concerning a potential Apple acquisition of Palm way back in 1997. Monday Note is co-authored Frédéric Filloux and Jeal-Louis Gassee.
The paragraph in question is entitled "Android: First Impressions" and reads:
A perhaps little known fact: in the Summer of 1997, Steve Jobs called Eric Benhamou, 3Com's CEO (the company owned Palm). "Give me the Palm and come and join my Board of Directors. Only Apple can make Palm a true consumer brand." Nothing happened. Apple's foray into the product segment had to wait ten more years.
Article Comments(7 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife