Comments on: GSM Palm Pre Phones Due for Europe October 13
Bad news, European Palm fans! Let's just get the inevitable question out of the way now for my fellow English-speaking readers: an unlocked UK/Irish model is not going to be available. However, it is a world phone (supporting GSM bands 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and UMTS/HSDPA bands 850 / 1900 / 2100) and the Irish model will be offered in an off-contract pre-paid version, so we can cling to the hope that once a hack-around is discovered (and it will be discovered, as inevitably as the sun will rise) we can safely purchase one for the relatively reasonable price of €420 ($620 USD).
Palm Infocenter has contacted O2's UK press office for further information on potential unlocked availability and will update once/if we receive it. O2 has confirmed the sad news. A spokesperson has informed us that "the Palm Pre will only be available with an O2 contract at launch" - which does, however, leave open the possibility that this will change after a set period of exclusivity.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife