PalmInfoCenter.com Bottom Line:
*Maximum Rating is FIVE (5) InfoPalms
InnoPocket Springboard CompactFlash Adapter
By Rob Zach
The creative minds at InnoPocket have added another exciting Palm device to their lineup and in the process have heated up the CF Adapter market for the Handspring Visor.
The InnoPocket CF Adapter is very similar to the recently reviewed MatchBook Drive but InnoPocket has addressed some of the concerns I had pointed out with the MatchBook.
First the similarities:
These are the only striking differences between the CF adapters, but they seem to make for a nicer product. My major gripe with both of these products is the software. They use the same Flash software from Kopsis Engineering. The software collection allows for formatting, deleting and moving files, and creating directories (see the MatchBook review for more detail on the software). But these applications can not be run directly from the Adapter or from the CF card itself. For that matter any files stored on the CF card must be moved to the Visor's RAM before use. In my opinion this seriously degrades the effective usefulness of these products.
The InnoPocket package includes the adapter and a mini CD-ROM. The CD includes the registered version of FlashAdapter and a HTML version of the user's manual.
Overall, the InnoPocket CF adapter is the best incarnation of a Visor CF Adapter to date. InnoPocket coming second into the market seems to have addressed most of the issues with the competition.
Article Comments(6 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain