Handmark to Acquire Astraware
Handmark today announced a definitive agreement to acquire Astraware, the world’s leading smartphone gaming studio. Through the new relationship, Astraware will expand its existing UK games development studio to develop new high profile licenses as well as continuing work on original titles. Astraware will become the dedicated UK-based game studio for Handmark.
Handmark says the acquisition of Astraware will reinforce the position of Handmark as the leading developer and publisher of high-end smartphone titles. Astraware currently develops and offers a wide library of titles for Palm OS and Windows Mobile devices. The company expects to expand and release their first titles for Symbian S60 and UIQ in the first quarter of 2008, and will add games for BlackBerry devices later in the year.
"We recognize the genius of the mobile gaming pioneers who created Astraware and welcome them to the Handmark family," said Paul Reddick, Handmark CEO. "We share a passion for delivering superior mobile experiences."
"For over 10 years, Astraware has successfully created some of the best mobile gaming brands in the industry, building a company through unparalleled focus on quality and customer satisfaction," said Howard Tomlinson, co-founder and CEO of Astraware. "I am excited to be joining forces with Handmark and we will be able to focus our experience and talent on creating games across more platforms, and together we will become one of the most powerful forces in the mobile gaming industry."
The companies expect to conclude the transaction later this month. Terms of the deal have not been released at this time.
Article Comments(2 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife