700p ROM Update May Use 680 Bluetooth Stack
Following their recent 1.10 update, the folks over at Softick have released Softick Audio Gateway 1.11, now with full Treo 680 compatibility. In his announcement on the forums, developer Arseniy Prujov also put forth an interesting theory regarding the better-late-than-never 700p ROM update. If correct, this should be welcome news for 700p owners, albeit long overdue...
The announcement reads:
"We have made some improvements in phone calls handling procedures and implemented universal scheme for Treo 680 and Treo 650 handhelds. Treo 700P phone calls handling has major differences, but we think that after long awaited 700P ROM Update, phone calls handling procedure in Audio Gateway will not differ from others. Obviously, new headset management logic implemented in the current 700P, was not proved to be correct. Seems like Treo 700P ROM update will provide the same Bluetooth headset management logic as Treo 680, and I suppose it would be fine because we consider Treo 680 implementation better than Treo 650 and 700P ones."
The 700p's reported Bluetooth instability has been one of the most oft-complained about issues on the Palm OS' only 3G phone.
Arseniy also provided some new details about what's in store for future versions of Audio Gateway, currently the only A2DP stereo headset solution for Palm OS:
- Kinoma Player compatibility issues will soon be resolved with a software update
- Pocket Tunes auto-resume problems will also be fixed;
- Future versions will focus on better sound quality
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife