Has Palm Brainwashed You?
In a recent CNET interview, Ben Waldman, the vice president of Microsoft's mobile devices group, accused Palm of brainwashing people so that they didn't notice that Palm's "Keep it Simple" philosophy is really just a ploy to allow Palm to sell handhelds without a lot of function. As he put it, "the definition of simple just happens to equal the capabilities they want to put in their device."
Do you agree with this? Has Palm tricked you into buying a handheld that is under powered? Would the Palm platform be improved by adding a lot more features and CPU power? Your comments are welcome.
This related Wall Street Journal article talks about Palm's work competing with Microsoft.
Article Comments(61 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain