Yada Yada Closes Its Doors
Yada Yada, the wireless ISP, is stopping service today at 5 PM EST. All users should have been sent an email yesterday giving details on the shutdown. The company will still allow desktop-based email service until December 13 but that is all. All users have already been refunded for the month of December and everyone who paid for a six month subscription will receive a pro-rated refund.
Yada Yada started up just over a year ago, offering wireless service for $40 a month over Novatel Wireless' Minstrel modems via CDPD. It later expanded to offering service for the Kyocera Smartphone over CDMA.
The company has been struggling for a while. Back in April, the company underwent a reorganization.
It isn't alone in its problems, either. Late last month, OmniSky failed to release a financial report for its most recent quarter, a violation of SEC rules. It is looking into possibly reorganizing, selling itself to someone, or at worst case declaring bankruptcy.
Article Comments(4 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf