Details and Pictures of the Legend Palm 168
Legend, the recent Chinese Palm OS licensee, announced that they would be bringing a new Palm OS Handheld to the Chinese market by January 2003. Our readers have uncovered some more specific details and pictures of the device.
PalmSource had announced it will license the Palm OS to China's biggest PC firm, Legend Group. The four-year deal will let Legend fit its handheld computers with a Chinese language version of PalmSource's OS 4.2 operating system. The unit featues a color QVGA Screen (240x320), MP3-playing ability, a dictionary, address book and calendar, and a price tag below 2,000 yuan ($240 USD) when it goes on sale in January in China.
Sourced from various Mandarin-based Palm User Groups in China and Taiwan, these are some specs on Legend's Palm 168.
1. Processor: Dragonball 66MHz
2. Memory: 16MB RAM; 8MB Flash ROM
3. Expandability: SD/MMC (No I/O Support)
4. Screen/Resolution: Color/240x320
5. JogDial: YES
6. Virtual/Soft Graffiti: YES (Including 2 silk buttons for PinYin and Dictionary)
7. Battery: Li-Ion
8. MP3: YES
9. Connectivity: IR/USB
10. OS Version: 4.1
11. Chinese Character: 11×10 pixel (Input may also be contextual)
12. Dimension: 120×73×12.5 (mm)
13. Bundled Software: YES (Lots of Chinese-based ones)
12. Color: Silver
13. Price and Availability: US$240/January 2003
If you can read Chinese, you can visit: cnpug.com for more info.
PalmSource has just announced a new strategy and push into the Chinese PDA market. China is the world's second largest handheld market, with about 20% of the world's handheld units last year.
"We are excited to partner with Legend and GSL to bring leading edge Palm Powered(TM) products to market," said David Nagel, chief executive officer and president of PalmSource, Inc. "These world-class partners, combined with an innovative and talented developer community will catalyze a thriving Palm Economy in China."
Thanks to Yee Szemen (Slikmit) for the details and links; Pictures Courtesy of: Handwatch.com.tw.
Article Comments(34 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain