PalmSource Announces 2004 Euro DevCon
PalmSource today announced details of its annual PalmSource Euro DevCon, scheduled for September 28-29, 2004 in Munich, Germany. The event will provide attendees with 'best practices' for making applications smartphone-ready and reveal revenue opportunities with new Palm Powered Mobile World wireless operator and infrastructure partners in Europe and other geographies. Other topics include the latest on Palm OS Cobalt and the new Palm OS Developer Suite.
Kicking-off with a keynote by PalmSource president and CEO David Nagel, the conference builds momentum with detailed presentations by partners, licensees and industry-leading mobile operators. Technical sessions will provide an in-depth look at innovations in the Palm OS Cobalt platform and describe revenue-generating opportunities driven by the proliferation of wirelessly enabled smart mobile devices and over-the-air delivery of applications.
Highlights of the PalmSource Euro DevCon 2004 include:
- Presentations from senior PalmSource executives, leading wireless operators and other strategic partners covering technical and business trends in the mobile device and smartphone markets.
- In-depth sessions on the Palm OS Developer Suite -- the latest PalmSource development tools for 68k and ARM native development.
- Pre-conference Palm OS Basic Training, a "boot camp" for developers new to Palm OS. The boot camp will take place the afternoon of Monday, September 27 with PalmSource engineers providing an introduction to programming for the Palm OS platform.
- A state-of-the-art Hardware Lab, providing developers with "hands-on" access to a complete line of Palm Powered devices to test their applications.
- Marketing and publishing sessions will be offered where developers can learn how to successfully market their Palm OS applications and capitalize on high revenue growth opportunities.
- The New & Notables Program, providing a vehicle for developers to introduce new Palm OS applications and put this news in front of customers, partners and press.
- The Euro Powered Up Awards, created by PalmSource to honor the most innovative and successful applications from the European Palm OS developer community. Applications will be evaluated by categories including: Wireless/Over-the-air; Enterprise/Productivity; Games/Entertainment; and Multimedia. Winners will be announced at the Euro DevCon 2004.
"The Euro DevCon 2004 is the must-attend event for smartphone and mobile device developers," said Larry Berkin, PalmSource director of developer marketing. "You can accomplish more in two days at the Euro DevCon 2004 to accelerate your business than in two months on your own. You don't want to miss this event."
Hosted during Munich's famed Oktoberfest celebration, the PalmSource Euro DevCon will take place at the Munich Germany Hilton Park Hotel on September 28 and 29. Early Bird pricing for the two-day conference is 239 euro when purchased by August 10, representing a 40 percent savings over the 399 euro standard registration fee. Additional attendees from the same company pay only 99 euro.
Article Comments(6 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf