Comments on: Don't Use Batteries; Just Say ''Fill 'er Up''
MTI MicroFuel Cells Inc. is making progress towards creating a methanol fuel cell small and inexpensive enough to power a handheld. These will get their power, not by being plugged into a wall socket, but from a tiny replaceable methanol fuel cartridge. It is still in the prototype stage and the smallest model is currently about the size of a deck of playing cards, but in coming years the company hopes its fuel cells will be far smaller while providing ten times the power as a li-ion battery of the same size.
Article Comments(55 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W