Comments on: Treo GPRS Software Patch Available Now (Updated)
GPRS is the next generation of GSM, offering 144 Kbps connections. One user of this update confirmed that GPRS connections stay active even when the device is turned off. In addition, the network connection stays active when the device ID off. This allows users to intermittently use their Treo without having to frequently go through the slow process of reconnecting to the network.
Update: In an official statement, Handspring says that this upgrade has been released only for Singapore and New Zealand and urges users in other countries to wait to upgrade their Treos until a version is released for their home country.
Article Comments(67 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W