Comments on: HP Buys Mobile Music Service
HP has confirmed that is has purchased Melodeo, a a privately-held company that provides cloud-based delivery systems for music and related content. TechCrunch reports that HP paid nearly $35 million for the firm, whose lead product streams music playlists to mobile devices.
NuTsie's flagship service (which is available on several platforms including Blackberry, Android and Windows Mobile) scans your iTunes playlists and allows you to access those playlists on your mobile device in shuffle mode. You can also look at other users' playlists and discover songs through the company's proprietary recommendation engine or nuTsie's editorial playlists (i.e. Top 100 Reggae Songs, Top 100 90′s Songs).
In a statement HP says the acquisition is another example of their efforts to bring new, innovative technologies to market. Following the recent bid to scoop up Palm, the company has been investing heavily in various "cloud based" services.
Article Comments(38 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife