Comments on: PALM Rises on HTC Buyout Chatter
This time the chatty mouths on Wall street would have you believe that Taiwan based HTC is now interested in acquiring Palm Inc. According to MarketWatch an unnamed Chinese newspaper is said to be the source. The article has some humorous quotes from analysts over the recent round of M&A chatter. HTC is not commenting on the rumor and a US based HTC spokesperson is quoted by Reuters as saying "To the best of my knowledge this is just a rumor."
"Every day there is a different rumor about who is going to buy Palm," said Kevin Hunt of Hapoalim Securities on Friday. "I could make a list of eight companies who could buy it. But would they buy it for more than $1 billion? I just don't know."
Article Comments(27 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W