Comments on: Navigating Palm's App Catalog Approval Process
Well known programmer and DNA lounge dude, jwz, has posted an interesting article on his dealings with Palm and their "Kafka-esque" application submission process. In short, Mr. Zawinski has had an unusual time simply figuring out how to go about listing two of his webOS freeware apps in the Catalog. He begins with an account of how it used to be, and goes into good bit of descriptive detail on all of the "hoops" he's had to navigate in order to legitimately distribute an application.
But taking a page from Apple's play-book, Palm has now decided that they have to be the one and only gate-keeper for all the software on your Palm Pre, in a way they never did on the Treo, Centro, or any of the earlier PDAs.
So if you, a developer, want to get your software into the hands of your customers, you have to beg and plead and wheedle Palm to distribute it for you.
Article Comments(38 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife