Comments on: Palm OS Treo Security Vulnerability Posted
Symantec Vulnerability Research has posted a new security advisory on a new Treo data vulnerability. The researchers have found a method to bypass the Treo system password and locking mechanism using the find feature.
The advisory states:
Palm OS Treo smartphones are equipped with a system password lock to secure contents of handheld data from unauthorized access. When this lock is engaged, Treo's built-in Find feature is still accessible and can be used to perform searches on text in Treo applications and databases (e.g. SMS Messages, Memos, Calendar, Tasks, etc). Search results are accessible, and depending on their size, may be truncated. An attacker may use this vulnerability to retrieve information from a locked device.
Article Comments(13 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife