Comments on: Palm Unveils Ares Graphical webOS Development Tool
Presenting at the Open Mobile Summit today, Palm has unveiled their latest weapon aimed at bringing more developers to webOS: Ares, a drag-and-drop web-based tool aimed at speeding up webOS development even further, said to be released by the end of the year. PC World has the scoop:
In a demonstration at the conference, a Palm engineer created a search application for the Flickr Web photo site. Using a simulation of the WebOS phone interface, he dragged logos, a search field and button, a list widget and other components onto successive screens of the application. To link the new application to Flickr, he used an Ajax request that called a Flickr API.
Palm has been strongly pushing the ease of webOS development as one of its biggest selling points for developers. The release of a GUI tool should help strengthen this claim to fame.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf