PalmInfoCenter.com Bottom Line:
*Maximum Rating is FIVE (5) InfoPalms
Atom Smash 2.0 Review
For years, the game Breakout has been around under various names. In the Palm world, Atom Smash has always been the ultimate version. That is, until recently when Ababall came along and gave Atom Smash a serious run for its money.
Atom Smash is one of Red-Mercury's finest games, and is many people's favorite. It offers loads of features packed into just over 150k.
The remodeling begins before you even launch the program. Both of the main icons have been redesigned, and the start up screen is just gorgeous. The game itself has also been enhanced with new graphics and backgrounds.
Like any version of Breakout, the idea of the game is to hit all of the bricks without dying. But with Atom Smash, there are several features that make completing this task either easier or harder. For one, there's the power-ups.
Power-Ups and Bricks
Another neat thing about the game is the bricks. There are the normal, multi-colored ones and a few other types. One of them is a black brick which needs to be hit twice in order to disappear. There's also bricks that you just can't kill, and another type that always reappears after a couple seconds.
The Beta Process
Out of that number, over 150 people participated in the beta test with over 400 responses about bug reports and suggestions. After six beta releases, nearly two hundred fixes were made resulting in a final product.
I hope Pepper won't mind if I add a couple of comments. I tested Atom Smash on a Sony N610C and it looks awesome. Atom Smash has built-in support for the Clié's hi-res screen and you can move the paddle with the Jog Dial. -Ed
Article Comments(17 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife