PalmInfoCenter.com Bottom Line:
*Maximum Rating is FIVE (5) InfoPalms
FilePoint 1.5 Review
FilePoint is a new program from Bachmann Software which allows you to sort files both in your Palm and on the expansion cards.
Setting it up
To create a folder you use a pull down window and if you want to nest the folders you need to be sure you uncheck the box which specifies if it's a top level folder. Once you have created and named all of your folders, you can easily drag and drop the files into place. The only complaint here was the confirmation message every time you moved a file and hitting OK for every file really added up.
You can do quite a bit with the files. At the bottom of all the views is a tool bar which allows you to scroll through and manipulate the files. To open a file you can either double tap it, use the pull down menu, or hit the icon at the bottom of the screen.
Among the icons at the bottom there is a filter and arrows to scroll with. The icons allow you to print a document, delete a file, or copy to and from the expansion card. Unfortunately you can't delete or beam an entire folder using those icons, but they are still very useful for the individual programs.
Using FilePoint for programs on the memory card, instead of the default launcher, really helps to save time. You can quickly view a list of programs from the memory using FilePoint, but the Palm's default launcher can take over a minute to load.
Using FilePoint as a launcher
Article Comments(13 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife