PalmInfoCenter.com Bottom Line:
*Maximum Rating is FIVE (5) InfoPalms
Shanghai Pocket Essentials Review
Shanghai is a classic tile matching game from LandWare. It features numerous layouts and original tile sets.
The options list is extensive and includes different tile sets, layouts, unique twists on the game. For example you can set it so that a pair is removed when two tiles are within three spaces of each other, rather then when they have a free side.
The layouts can be selected individually or played in order. There's also a feature to have them play through randomly. I like the random feature, although I wish you could select which layouts are randomly used instead of all of them.
A really neat feature of the layouts is that you can create new ones! If you get bored of the default tile set you can make new ones. The editor is a little clumsy to work with at first, but it does come in handy.
The default set doesn't have splendid graphics, and some of the tile sets leave a bit to be desired. my favorite set is "Japanese," but "Calculate" gives you an extra chance to think. Overall the graphics aren't great, but they're not horrible either.
Another notable thing is the highscore board. Its a wonderful feature, and it helps you keep track of your best times. Unfortunately the highscore board can't be divided based on the layout, but it still comes in handy.
Article Comments(10 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife