Christmas Presents for Your Palm
The big day is almost here but if you are trying to cram in as much holiday cheer as physically possible, your Palm handheld is ready to help. Maybe it's something about the spirit of the season but dozens of developers have created free Christmas-related applications to share with everyone. The following is a few of the more interesting ones. This isn't meant to be a complete list by any means. If you have a favorite that isn't included, feel free to contribute it.
- Snow Baller 1.0 Evil elves are plotting to steal all of Santa's presents. Only you, Sid the Snow Baller, can stop them. Aim with your stylus and watch the elves get splatted. Also includes lots of Christmas tunes which can also be used for Date Book alarms.
- JingleFun 1.1 Plays a selection of Christmas tunes like Deck the Halls and Jingle Bells.
- Santa 1.0 Fly through the air in Santa's sligh delivering presents but don't run into any birds! Not the greatest game ever but your kids might like it.
- Jingles 1.2 This is a group of three games for children. It includes a Christmas bingo game, a word finder, and a coloring book. This might give your kids something to do in the car on the way to Grandma's house.
- Santa's List 1.0 Hopefully it is way too late for this to matter this year but it's never to early to get a start on next Christmas. Santa's List helps you keep track of who you have bought a present for, the amount you spent, whether you've sent them a card, and much more. Other options that do much the same thing are Santa's Little Helper 1.0 and Naughty or Nice 1.0.
- NORAD Tracks Santa NORAD is the military organization of Canada and the United States responsible for the aerospace defense of the two countries. Every year, they unwind a little bit and track Santa Claus as he works his way around the world. Get updates posted regularly. OK, so it isn't a Palm app but it is free and it's nice to see an organization like this with a sense of fun.
Article Comments(4 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.