*Maximum Rating is FIVE (5) InfoPalms
Astro Defense Review
Astro Defense is a classic, asteroid-shooting style game from Astraware. It has easy controls and several difficulty levels.
Itís really simple to shoot, just tap the screen. No hardkeys, aiming, or other inconvenient features to deal with. Of course, that makes the game pretty simplistic -- thereís not much skill in taping a screen. The varying skill levels are helpful in the respect, although experienced game players wonít feel especially challenged. Fortunately, if you donít get bored in the first few minutes, thingsíll liven up a tad.
The color version, on the other hand, is rather pretty. The background picture is a nice touch, and some of the details are wonderful. There is an option for the graphics level, of course you have to decide your favorite balance between looks and speed. On high, the explosive debris is a great touch, although the game may feel a little sluggish at times.
Astraware decided to build in a hidden 'Easter egg' lunar-lander game. To access it write a graffiti 'L' on the title screen and the mini-game will start.
Article Comments(48 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife