PlayStation, MAME Emulators Debut on Hacked Pre's
Two new emulators have debuted on hacked Palm Pre's. Homebrew programmer ZodTTD has successfully ported over a version of his Sony PlayStation emulator. This early version is more of a proof of concept at this point, as it requires a rooted Pre and a technical install process. The author says it runs well, even bettering a iPhone 3GS in performance. The keyboard is supported at this point, though it currently lacks sound and screen scaling.
Another developer has released a MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) emulator as well. This app emulates thousands of classic arcade games and more. Like the PS1 app, it is in its very early stages and requires some hacking to run. Video's of both in action are embedded after the break.
Thanks to PreCentral for the tip.
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife