Sony Clie VZ90 Available for US Import
A company called Dynamism is now accepting orders for the Sony Clie VZ90 from Japan for shipment to customers in the US. The VZ90 is Sony's latest Clie Palm OS handheld that features a landscape OLED 480x320 pixel screen, WiFi and multiple expansion options.
The Sony Clie VZ90 features a 3.8 inch, 65k color organic EL display, with a 480x320 pixel resolution. According to Sony, the display provides a contrast ratio of 1000:1, a fast response time and a 180-degree viewing angle. It has a special emphasis on portable multimedia and is the first PDA to ship with an OLED screen.
The handheld runs Sony's 123 MHz handheld engine system on the Japanese version of Palm OS Garnet v5.2.1. It includes, 64MB of RAM, of which 40MB is user available, as well as 128MB of built in Flash, where 95MB of that is available to the user. The unit also features dual memory expansion, with a memory stick PRO slot and a Compact Flash Type I/II slot that can also accommodate select IO CF expansion cards. The handheld also has built in WiFi wireless and an IR port for connectivity.
Since the native OS version is Japanese, Dynamism's tech team is attempting to convert the VZ-90 for English speaking use. It is available now as-is with the Japanese OS. The price for the Dynamism Imported Clie VZ90 is $1099 USD.
Article Comments(34 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife