First SDIO RFID Reader for Palm OS
TradeWind Technologies has just introduced the world's first RFID reader in the SD card form factor. The card enables many Palm OS handheld devices to read or write standard and proprietary RFID 13.56Mhz tags and labels.
The reader fits into any standard SD/SDIO slot and extends outside the slot for a small external footprint of 28mm x 28 mm. The reader also has a low 11mm profile and a read range of 7cm.
The company is now taking orders for development kits for integrating the SDIO reader into an application. The kit provides one SDIO RFID reader card, C++ modules for PalmOS, as well as some sample tags and labels for testing. The kits cost $999 USD, and the Tradewind also offers separate purchases of just the RFID SD card. The reader support any device with Palm OS 4.2 or higher.
Article Comments(19 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf