MetaView Soft's free and open source adobe PDF document reader has now reached version 1.1. PalmPDF is a native PDF file viewing application for Palm OS 5 devices.
PalmPDF from MetaViewSoft enables users to view native Adobe PDF documents on your mobile device. It has support for anti-alaising and truetype fonts and five way navigation. It is based on the open source Xpdf program.
v1.1 updates include:
- Skin support, selectable
- support for keyboards
- Possibility to rename PDF files in the file browser
- added file handling support with RescoExplorer, ZLauncher, MobiSystems OfficeSuite etc.
- bugfix: Content extraction
- bugfix: security patch from xpdf 3.01pl2 added
- bugfix: MobiPocket is called with the created PalmDOC
- bugfix: Copy/Paste support in the search field
- memory check around Content-extraction, does prevent out-of-memory crahes with large files
- changed Scrollvalues
- changed progressbar a bit, extended "WAIT" to cover also the extraction of content
- direct mode for the apps above, means no stop in the file browser and direct exit after the renderer is closed
- swapped quit and rotation button on all devices except Zodiac to have quit on home button on TX
- when moving behind the right or left border using the keys, the display is wrapped around for better readability in large zooms
- when called by another app or received file (using exchange manager) PalmPDF goes back to the called app when the PDF file is closed