BlackBerry Connect for Movistar in Spain
Palm and Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the availability of BlackBerry Connect software for the Palm Treo 650 smartphone in Spain. With BlackBerry Connect, movistar's enterprise and multinational customers will benefit from a wider range of devices compatible with BlackBerry services from movistar.
"Demand for wireless email solutions is driven by the need for increased productivity amongst movistar's enterprise customers," said Luis Ezcurra, general director of market development and marketing for Telefonica Moviles Espana. "Movistar believes that working closely with Palm and RIM to provide the feature-rich Treo 650 with BlackBerry Connect functionality will address this demand, as enterprise customers are very interested in investing in solutions that support their business, operational and IT objectives."
With this expansion of the "BlackBerry from movistar" portfolio, Treo 650 smartphone customers can now benefit from many popular features of the "push"-based BlackBerry architecture via BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For corporate customers, BlackBerry Enterprise Server software tightly integrates with Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.
The Treo 650 smartphone with BlackBerry Connect supports the following features:
- "Push" Corporate Email delivers messages automatically -- and wirelessly -- to the Treo 650 smartphone's inbox. Changes to the inbox, including read/unread status and deletion, can be automatically synchronized between the user's email account and the Treo 650.
- Wireless Calendar Synchronization keeps the Treo 650 smartphone's built-in Calendar up to date remotely, allowing users to receive, accept or decline meeting requests on the go.
- Attachment Viewing lets users view Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and PDF documents in original format.
- Remote Address Lookup (RAL) allows users to search their corporate directory wirelessly for email addresses without the need to download every name to the Treo 650.
- Enables centralized device management, including support for IT policies such as over-the-air device disablement and password device lock, as well as end-to-end security with Triple DES encryption.
"Providing email flexibility is one of the key features that makes the Treo 650 a tremendous asset for business customers," said John Hartnett, senior vice president of worldwide sales and customer relations, Palm. "The addition of an enterprise strength email solution like BlackBerry Connect for movistar customers reaffirms Palm's commitment to meet the needs of mobile professionals in Europe."
"BlackBerry has been embraced by millions of mobile professionals around the world because it is a scalable, secure, and proven wireless solution. The Treo 650 with BlackBerry Connect delivers more choice for mobile customers by offering the combined power of the BlackBerry architecture with the feature rich Treo 650 smartphone," said Charmaine Eggberry, vice president, EMEA at Research In Motion. "We are pleased to work with Palm and movistar to offer BlackBerry Connect on the Treo 650 smartphone to corporate customers in Spain."
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife