Does Anyone Care About Palm Anymore Editorial
Shaun McGill, of the PDA24/7 web site, is running a series of daily feature editorials entitled "Does Anyone Care About Palm Anymore?" The first installment of this ongoing series deals with the Palm OS's failed efforts to capitalize on portable gaming. This nicely summarized article states what many Palm OS gaming afficionados such as myself are wondering are afraid to ask: "If Astraware and co. can make such high-quality puzzle and novelty games, then why don't they focus more on action and arcade titles?"
One particularly notable excerpt from the piece that is certain to stir up some heated debate:
Developers can blame the market all they like but if they show little originality the market will continue to drop and neither Palm or the consumer are responsible for that.
Part two of the series focuses on the dearth of Palm OS-related news, reviews and information online in recent months. Shaun goes on to speculate that this will only be exacerbated by the upcoming release of Windows Mobile 6 and Apple's iPhone.
The second installment in this series was a good bit shorter than part one. Nevertheless, I found this statement quite notable:
They must be laughing behind our palm backs at our increasingly desperate rants about how our beloved palm is a better overall system. Well, it is...but it's getting harder to continue justifying it in the face of all this windows mobile advancement. I feel a bit like Michael Caine in Zulu.
Article Comments(15 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain