Palm Pixi Processor: Full Spec Sheet
The new Palm Pixi differs from its big brother, the Palm Pre, in a few important ways. One of those is the hardware that runs the whole shebang: the Qualcomm MSM7627 chipset. On Tuesday, we linked to Qualcomm's February press release announcing the MSM7227 (which is very similar in most respects) and posted the accompanying specs.
Qualcomm have now been kind enough to share with us the full spec sheet for the MSM7627. Like the Pre, it also supports hardware-accelerated 3D graphics, with an OpenGL 2.0-supporting 200MHz GPU - so there should be no worries for Pixi gaming, once Palm manages to get those graphical engineers up to speed. Read on for the full list of specs!
The high-performance MSM7627™ chipset solution is designed to enable mass-market devices with advanced functionality and rich multimedia capabilities that take advantage of the broadband data speeds available through 3G networks worldwide.
The MSM7627 solution features an industry-leading level of integration, enabling devices with high-end functionality to be slimmer, sleeker and last longer on a single battery charge.
Powerful multimedia capabilities integrated into the MSM7627 chipset translate to a richer, more compelling experience while browsing the web, accessing online applications, playing 3D games, capturing high-resolution pictures and video, and more.
- Two ARM cores integrated into a single chip – a dedicated CPU core and a dedicated modem processor – for an unparalleled level of integration:
- 1. 600MHz applications processor with floating point unit and L2 cache
- 2. 400MHz modem processor
- Supports both CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. A and UMTS HSDPA 7.2Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps, and GSM
- In addition to the two ARM cores, features 320MHz application DSP for multimedia supporting full 30 fps WVGA encode/decode, 200MHz hardware-accelerated 3D graphics core supporting OPEN GL 2.0, high-resolution camera, integrated GPS
- 12mm x 12mm footprint
- Optimized power consumption
Related: Palm Pixi Preview
Article Comments(7 comments)
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler