Remove Extra Languages from EFIGS m500's
Palm m500 series models sold outside the United States come with five languages intalled in their ROM. These are English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish which is why they are referred to as EFIGS models. This allows one model to be sold in many different countries but takes up almost all the ROM.
Brayder Technologies has introduced JackSprat, which can remove the languages that aren't being used. It is available now and costs $9.
EFIGS models have only 447K of remaining ROM space. JackSprat can free up to 1.7M of ROM space which can be used to hold applications by using apps like Brayder's own JackFlash.
JackSprat fully backs up the original ROM and, if necessary, the other languages can be restored later. It works only on the m500 series.
It can be downloaded now from Handango.
Article Comments(5 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W