Steve Sakoman Leaves PalmSource
The Register is reporting that Steve Sakoman has left PalmSource amidst the recent job cuts. Sakoman was the Chief Products Officer for PalmSource and previously held positions at Be Inc and Apple. The Reg also claims he was a key member of the team developing Palm OS 6.
Steve's executive bio explains that he was responsible for product marketing, engineering, and developer relations. He joined PalmSource with the acquisition of Be Incorporated in November 2001. Steve co-founded Be in 1990 and was the chief operating officer and served on the board of directors.
Prior to co-founding Be, he was a director of CPU development from 1984 to 1987 at Apple Computer, where he managed the hardware group responsible for the Apple II and Macintosh product lines. Steve also started and managed the Newton development team from 1987 to 1990.
PalmSource recently cut 18% of it's workforce, citing weak economic conditions. PalmSource could not be reached in time for this article. It's not clear at this time why Sakoman left or what impact it will have on PalmSource.
Article Comments(27 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife