Palm OS Wi-Fi SD Card Delay Continues
SanDisk has again confirmed the delay of drivers for the SD Wi-Fi card for Palm OS 5. The company originally promised to release the 802.11b SDIO wireless card in the Spring.
The card was first announced in January and said it would become available in March. In late May, SanDisk pushed the release back until the fall. In August the company released the card, but only with drivers for Windows Mobile devices.
Palm OS 5 only
The card was also originally announced that it would be compatible with Palm OS 4 devices and higher. However, SanDisk discontinued plans to develop and OS 4 driver and announced they would only release drivers for Palm OS 5.
Now according to a company spokesman, the Palm OS drivers for the SD Wi-Fi card will not be available until December. The Wi-Fi (802.11b) SD Connect cards will have a suggested retail price of $99.95.
Article Comments(58 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith