Wi-Fi SD Drivers Delayed Even Further
SanDisk has again confirmed the delay of drivers for the SD Wi-Fi card for Palm OS 5. The company originally promised to release the 802.11b SDIO wireless card in the Spring. This marks the fourth time the drivers have been postponed.
The card was first announced in January and said it would become available in March. In late May, SanDisk pushed the release back until the fall. In August the company released the card, but only with drivers for Windows Mobile devices. Earlier this month, the date was delayed until December.
Just recently the company completely removed any reference to Palm OS drivers from their website. The section used to show a Tungsten model with a SD Wi-Fi card, and listed an approximate release date. A new report on the Register confirms yet another delay, now until the ambiguous Q1 2004 timeframe. The company is quoting "a number of technical and non-technical reasons" for the delay.
Palm OS 5 only
The card was also originally announced that it would be compatible with Palm OS 4 devices and higher. However, SanDisk discontinued plans to develop and OS 4 driver and announced they would only release drivers for Palm OS 5.
The Wi-Fi (802.11b) SD Connect cards will have a suggested retail price of $99.95 if they ever become available.
Thanks to madmaxmedia for the tip.
Article Comments(48 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah