Initial Palm OS US Fall Retail Sales Strong
Some preliminary sales data for the fall '03 US PDA retail sales, is now in. The figures show strong sales of Palm Powered devices, taking the top three spots for 75% of sales for the period.
In US retail sales, Palm OS share has strengthened since the shipment of the new products in late September. Palm OS share has risen by about ten points, to about 75%, in weekly retail sales figures reported by NPD Techworld / The NPD Group.
The three best-selling handhelds are all Palm Powered in NPD's figures for the week of November 16 (the most recent report available) -- the Palm Tungsten E is the best-seller, followed by the Palm Zire 21, and the Palm Tungsten 3. Sony's new Clie UX-50 is the best-selling handheld in the over-$500 price band.
Article Comments(21 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf