New SDIO WiFi Card in Development
A new manufacturer is currently developing a Palm OS compatible SDIO WiFi Card. The low power card will add 802.11b wireless connections to supported devices.
The C-Guys SD-Link11b is a compact SDIO WLAN card that can be plugged into a handhelds SD expansion slot. The card enables wireless Wi-Fi connections will support 11Mbps connections, WEP and is equipped with a power saving mechanism.
The card has dimensions of 55mm x 24mm x 2.1mm and weighs approximately 10g. In active mode is consumes 260 mA, 10mA avg in power save mode and 1.5 mA on standby.
The company is currently testing drivers for Palm OS 4 and 5 devices and expects the product to be available in May/Q2. It is already confirmed to work with all palmOne Tungsten models, the Zire 71 and m500 series handhelds. There is no information on pricing or a distributor of yet.
Thanks to losdrivare for the tip.
Article Comments(36 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain