Sony Closes New Clie Developer Support
Shortly after Sony announced they were going to suspend their conventional PDA business, they have now closed off the Clie Developer Support Site registration to new members.
In June Sony revealed that they will not be releasing any new Clie Handhelds products in the coming fall. The company decided to suspend new Clie product development for the US and Europe while they reassess the direction of the conventional PDA market.
Sony pledged to continue the same level of service and support for Clie handheld users and to honor all existing limited warranties. The current Clie lineup is contining to be sold and supported while supplies last. The lineup includes the TJ27, TJ37, UX50 and the TH55 handhelds.
Just recently the company has stopped accepting new registrations for the Clie Developer Support program. Support for existing registered developers will still continue. This specialized section for software and hardware developers provides SDKs, documentation and technical information used for programming and supporting Sony Clie features and models.
New developers attempting to register a new account are given the following message:
As a follow up to Sony's recent decision to reassess the direction of the conventional PDA market, it has closed the CLIÉ Developer Support Site registration system to new members. Existing registered developers may continue to use the tools and services on the CLIÉ Developer Support Site at this time subject to the Membership and License Agreements contained therein.
The CLIÉ Developer Support Desk
Article Comments(27 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife