Enfora Wireless Portfolio Case for the Tungsten E
Enfora has a new version of their wireless portfolio case for the Tungsten E. The leather case brings Wi-Fi connectivity through an attachment via the mini-USB connector.
The WLN0104 case is a portfolio style, leather case with an integrated WiFi receiver and battery. This version only works with the Tungsten E handheld. There is also another model that works with many palmOne handhelds with the Universal Connector.
Because of the significant power requirements of WiFi, the WP802b includes a 700mAh LiPolymer rechargeable battery. Enfora says with typical use, the battery will last about 24 hours. It has a pass through connector to allow charging to the handheld as well.
The case measures 6 x 4 x 2 inches (LxWxH) (152 x 102 x 51 mm) and weighs 9 ounces (0.2kg). It supports data rates of 1, 2, 5.5, and 11 Mbps, though the actual rate will be limited by the speed of the connector. It also supports the 40-bit/128-bit WEP wireless security standards. It has a maximum range of about 150 meters outdoors and 30m in an indoor office setting.
It can be ordered now for $169 USD from Enfora.
Thanks to Jason Robitaille for the tip.
Article Comments(18 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife