Could This Be the First Palm OS Cobalt Smartphone?
According to a new report, Singapore based Oswin Technology, which designs and produces a range of mobile wireless devices, has created what it says is the world's first smartphone compatible with five operating systems, including Palm OS Cobalt.
An article on Singapore's The Business Times talks about the new device which will first go on sale in the region as a Windows CE Smartphone. It goes on to reveal the company plans a third quarter release of a version running Palm OS 6, which is expected to be the world's first Cobalt device.
While not many details on the device are covered, the piece states that Oswin is a offshoot of Group Sense Technology, a unit of Group Sense Limited, which developed the Zircon line of Palm OS 4 based smartphones that were sold in Asia.
Article Comments(30 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain