PalmSource Shifting All Efforts to Linux Development
In last weeks PalmSource conference call interim CEO Patrick McVeigh also announced the company is shifting all engineering efforts on the future Linux based versions of the Palm OS.
He stated, "We are delaying all development of products not directly related to this."
He also put a timetable on the release of the upcoming linux Palm OS products. The version for low end and feature phones is planned to be completed by summer 2006 and a high end version for smartphone is expected to be ready in the second half of next year.
Article Comments(72 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W