Comments on: Inventec Lands Large HP Tablet Order
Additional details from the article center around HP's lofty sales aspirations for their first-generation TouchPads, with CENS reporting that HP's 2011 tablet order from Inventec is estimated to be three million units, with monthly production hitting 400,000 to 450,000 units.
With Apple currently focusing solely on the existing 9.7" iPad form-factor and Google electing at the present to only outfit tablets with screen sizes 8.9" or larger with its latest Honeycomb OS, the 7" tablet market has considerably fewer cutting-edge devices and competition. 7" tablets are less well-representation in most retail outlets versus the larger tablets in the 10" screen size range, so HP could potentially stand to capture a larger piece of the market share if they can speedily bring a smaller and more affordable Touchpad to market.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife