Comments on: BusinessWeek Confirms Nova OS Launch at CES
BusinessWeek has just published an article entitled Palm Pits Its Hopes on Nova. The piece focuses on the expectations of the upcoming Palm CES announcement "New-ness" peppered with a few revealing quotes from Palm executives. In fact, both Jon Rubinstein and Ed Colligan make some of the most direct remarks about the Nova OS to date and they leave no doubt that Nova will be the focus of the Jan 8th event.
Rubinstein's efforts are about to bear their first fruits. On Jan. 8 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Palm is due to unveil the long-awaited operating system, code-named Nova, as well as the first of a family of products that will run on it. While Palm has protected its plans with Apple-like secrecy, Rubinstein and others say the goal is to create products that bridge the gap between Research In Motion's BlackBerry devices, oriented to work and e-mail, and Apple's iPhone, oriented to fun. "People's work and personal lives are melding," Colligan says, adding that Palm is aiming for the "fat middle of the market."
Article Comments(69 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain