Comments on: Access Aims for 30% Marketshare by 2010
Access wants to increase its share of the mobile operating system market to 30 percent by 2010, from the 4 percent it has now as a result of the PalmSource purchase, said Tomihisa Kamada, the company's chief technical officer and co-founder.
"Mobile phones are becoming very complicated devices, and in order to meet customers' requirements, total integrated solutions are becoming very important," Kamada said. "Acquiring PalmSource allows us to do this and also allows us to cover all the important markets - the U.S., Europe, Japan and China. Integration costs for the handset makers are heavy, so if they can go to a one-stop shop they are happy to work with one company."
Article Comments(45 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W