Comments on: Linux Based Palm OS Due Sometime in 2008
As noted in our report from last weeks Palm quarterly conference call, Palm CEO Ed Colligan gave the first rough estimate as to when to expect the next generation operating system. Its release has not been delayed or postponed as a few other outlets are reporting, as Palm has yet to comment on release timing or provide any concrete specifics about the new platform.
In response to a question on broader platform strategy and new operating system development efforts Colligan answered:
Well, in general a new platform strategy I think that's, next calendar year is the timeframe. We are not going to get in to specifics on that. I think the reality is we will deliver some new smartphone products through the rest of this calendar year on both our Windows Mobile and Palm OS platforms. And product based on the new Linux-based platform that we are working on, that won't be until some time next year. [...] We are not waiting for next generation platform developments to deliver some great new products.
Article Comments(91 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife