HP Posts New Device Transition Guide for Developers
With today's release of the HP Veer 4G, "In the coming months" has finally started to arrive, one device at a time. For the developers in the crowd, HP has posted a helpful guide entitled "Getting Ready for New Devices" designed to ease the pain in updating existing apps for HP's new hardware releases: Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad.
The most relevant devices discussed in the guide is of course the just-announced Veer 4G, as it is the most similar to its predecessor devices from a hardware standpoint as well as from its development architecture since it runs the existing Mojo and PDK apps and has not been designed around the Enyo development library. Additional info found in this guide is confirmation from HP that the Veer will ship with WebOS 2.1 and will offer much-improved performance with its carryover Pixi-style screen size and resolution.
One interesting comment from the guide discuss the Veer's close ties to the Pixi as far as app compatibility and screen resolution--stating quite bluntly: "If you were worried about performance with Pixi, you won't need to be with Veer!"
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife