Pixi to Skip Out on Flash, webOS Developer Day in Nov
While the entry-level Palm Pixi is still going to receive the WebOS 2.0 update, it will lag behind the Pre in one aspect, according to Rod Whitby's recent Tweet. Rod, of WebOS Internals fame, has revealed that the Pixi and Plus Plus will not offer Adobe Flash 10.1 beta player, as this feature remains reserved for its more powerful Pre/Pre Plus/Pre 2 siblings.
In a related bit of Rod Whitby news, WebOS Roundup recently reported that Rod Whitby recently reported he could not justify the expense of flying to New York City from Australia to attend Palm's WebOS Developer Day in November. HP/Palm responded in turn by not only paying for Rod to attend Developer Day but also to speak at the audience there about his WebOS Internals efforts. Kudos to HP/Palm for truly embracing "openness" and recognizing an individual that has worked tirelessly to promote and enhance WebOS and its related Palm devices though community and homebrew projects.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf
- RE: Don't we have this already? -LiveFaith