Sprint Wireless Access at 56K
Sprint this summer will offer business users 56K wireless access using compression technology. Users are expected to dial up a server with a cell phone using the Sprint network and connect it to a PDA for sending e-mail and basic browsing. Competitors are currently peaking at a 19.2K.
This speed is only available for business users for two reasons: Sprint doesn't have enough high-speed capacity to give everyone access and this is an attempt to gain entry into the lucrative business market, an area where its presence is considerably smaller than among consumers.
Officials from Sprint have confirmed this but would not provide further details about the company's plans.
Thanks to ZDNN.
Article Comments(2 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife