GoAmerica Subscriptions Increase Over 300%
Wireless ISP GoAmerica said the number of its subscribers skyrocketed in its last quarter. The company had 18,367 subscribers as of the end of June. Excluding subscribers it acquired in its acquisition of Wynd Communications, the subscriber base grew by 376% in that quarter.
GoAmerica is a reseller of the Minstrel V and a provider of $49.59 unlimited wireless Internet access for the Palm V and Vx. They also provide service for laptops and other palmtops.
Total revenue for the quarter was $2 million, a 300 percent increase over the same quarter in the previous year, the company reported. The net loss for the quarter was $15.6 million, or $.34 per basic and diluted common share.
The average monthly revenue per customer during the quarter increased to $38.45, compared to $30.98 in same period last year and $38.04 in the prior quarter, according to the company.
Aaron Dobrinsky, president and CEO, said the company expects to see the number of subscribers accelerate significantly later this year as the result of relationships with a variety of vendors ranging from Hewlett-Packard to the Staples office supply store chain.
Separately, the company announced that Dell Computer Corp. will sell GoAmerica's range of wireless Internet and communications products through its Dellware line of third-party software, peripherals and accessories
Thanks to allNetDevices.
Article Comments(7 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife