Shortages Hobble Sales of Palm VIIx But m100 Doing Well
Palm admitted yesterday that they aren't going to be able to make nearly as many of their new Palm VIIx handhelds as they had planned, blaming this on its supplier who will not be able to deliver enough of two necessary chips.
However, Carl Yankowski, Palm CEO, reported strong sales of the m100. "Early market research indicates we've tapped into the student population in a very big way," he said.
Palm's CFO Judy Bruner told analysts after earnings were released that her company is also experiencing other component shortages, although in general, the supply situation is improving. However, she warned that it would be at least another three to six months, if not nine months, before supply of all components fully meets demand. "We believe we are doing just as well, if not better, than others in our industry at securing components," Ms. Bruner said.
Article Comments(7 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko
- webos smart watch? -BaalthazaaR
- RE: Still here?? -HyperScheduler
- Picking up a Pre 3 -Tuckermaclain