Rumor: T615C in Best Buy's System
According to two different sources, the Sony T615C appears in Best Buy's inventory system. Sony's suggested retail price is $415. Best Buy doesn't expect to have any in stock until Sunday, January 27, though one of the sources could only say "late January" and that it would cost "approximately $400". He was able to confirm that it would be called the T615C, though it's apparently in Best Buy's system as the "T-615".
Best Buy's SKU# for the T615C is 4471592. A search for this product and SKU doesn't turn up any results on Best Buy's webstore.
The T615C is the U.S. version of the T600C, which is already available in Japan. The T600C has a 320 by 320 pixel TFT screen that can display 16-bit color. It also has 16 MB of RAM and runs OS 4.1. The T615C is expected to be pretty much the same.
The Sony N610C, which is quite similar to the T615C, has shown up on the SonyStyle webstore as "Sold Out" since last week. In the past, this has only happened right before Sony announced a replacement. It is widely expected that the T615 will take the place of the N610C in Sony's lineup.
Sony won't comment on when or even if it will release a version of the T600C in the U.S.
Article Comments(74 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko